Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HW #7 We don't want standard answers!

I didn't know any questions that wouldn't give any standard answers so I asked questions about how technology may effect our future:
Tuesday

ayamexxmiki: What do you think will happen to humans if everything in the future was technology-based?

myst: I believe that if everything became that way, then humans would become helpless.If there was a malfunction in the program and the whole system went down, what would they do if it lasted for a month?

ayamexxmiki: If everything did become technology-based, won't that be just like the digital world? Will we yearn for the other world? When looking up to the moon I wonder why I am here and not there? when I look at the digital world I wonder why it is possible for our twins to live in that world and not reality? We yearn for the digital world and while our twin yearns for the real world.

myst: Maybe it would be like the digital world since many things are similar in both "worlds." Some of us will yearn for the other world but there are still those who become tired of these kinds of things after they obtain it. Even if your twin exists in the other world and not real, it is not real since it's created by another. A bond real twins share iis something a character online could never have or replace.

My thoughts:
People that pause before they say anything are thinking; they may not say every word they are thinking of but they are still thinking. Like that sentence you just read, if I don't think about what I want to write then I don't make any sense. Most of the time my mind feels empty when I'm talking, I don't understand why, it feels like I have no brain =.=

But I believe that when people have a lot to say they must have a good idea that they were thinking of. If a person were to repeat they must have stopped thinking (ie. like...like...like...ummm...like...). A person that has a good idea will try their best to expand their thoughts instead of walking around in circles. I believe that myst was thinking because I brought up a question that required taking stances in different views and considering the discussed situation.

Wednesday

The first person we interviewed we asked whether internet was a good thing or bad thing. He said it depends on how we use it. How many hours do you spend on the internet? 40hours a week for video gaming and internet.

We interviewed a lady named Shanna, we asked her "do you think people would be happier without digitalization?" I got really interesting answers and I agree that there are many things we just don't understand because we are born during the time of digitalization. Peoplewouldn't be able to live without it because we were born at such a different time that it has become a need of people older than us, it makes it easier for them and the system of how things operate is much more efficient. Kids don't really understand how hard it is to live without digitalization, we have the world at our fingertips. Parents had harder time adapting to all this technology, children are so mcuh more advanced, they're tapped in the world and into each other. Technology is non-stop. We can't live without the internet, every thing back then was so slow but now it's too fast, we have instant communications. If we, ourselves live a day without any of this then we would be denying that we're moving forward, if we don't adapt. In crowd places we close ourself off, we have this whole world in front of us, sometimes we should take the time to look up into the skies.

These interview helped me see a lot of things I haven't thought about. I grew up in Asia so where I live there was no technology at all. After coming to the U.S. the first technology I learn to use was the t.v. I can't understand the harship people back then had to go through but I think I know what's it like, I still lack many technology skills but I use the extra hours in my day to read the instructions and testing out whether I did something wrong or not. The internet in a way does shut us in a digital world, we miss out on all the things in life that we can't experience through the internet but we always realize this too late. With technology we zone out to a world where we can belong with all of our perfect fantasy but the world was never made perfect. When is comes to little questions like these sometimes people have seconds thoughts no always telling the truth like when we ask how many hours u spend on facebook/aim, they would stop and zone out then telling us 2-3hours. It's makes them sound like a perfect person, people spend so much time answering survey on the internet and yet they can't stop to help us, though I'm not much better than they are.

I'm really bad at doing interveiw and summing/writing these things up. Sorry for my inexperience and thank you to all those who we've interveiwed!

ayamexxmiki: Will humans be happy in a world without technology?

Itsuki: It really depends on how you look at the situation, which point of view would one look at during these times? I’m going to say that humans could be happy without technology but that doesn’t mean they will always be content with that. Thing is, a person can be happy regardless of what they say. It’s what they decide to do that decides the outcome. If a person decides to fight against having no technology and staying depressed about it until it comes back, they will probably have a poor outcome. Humans differ from person to person so it really depends.

ayamexxmiki: How hard do you think it was for people who weren’t born during the time of digitalization compared to those who were born during that time?

Itsuki: Well, let’s say that they’re better adapted to an environment— or world that’s without technology. Their life wouldn’t be that hard since in the past, people did everything without technology. The people living in times of digitalization would probably complain and tell them about their days of technology. The people would probably either a) not believe them, b) envy them, or c) not even care since they like their life as it is, et cetera. Basically, my point is again, it really all depends. Opinions, perspectives, point of views— call it what you will! Every person’s views differ from each topic to each truth. Seeing as to how technology has been a big influence, it has a great impact on the people who use it often. Of course, the latter generation (who may not use it, based on the given question) would be accustomed to none of the previous statements. Thus, the sustained answer would be, once more, it really depends when it comes to questions with several different perspectives.

(>'.')>Thank you for reading! <('.'<)
ƸӜƷ Na L ƸӜƷ

No comments:

Post a Comment