Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hw 11 - Self Experiment 1

For this experiment I decided using the internet for 1hour straight without stopping. I don't really get the homework, I was confused so did it randomly.

Most of the things that happened are pretty much the same, nothing new. I worked on my hw instead since I didn't know what to do. As usual when someone talks to me I would go check or when I talk to someone else. The rest of the time I just left it opened and check if anything new happened.

It feels like I was in front of my laptop waiting for something more amazing to happen or maybe I was just bored. My time with the internet was pretty much the same, it doesn't change because we are bound to use it for typing up homework or surfing the internet for answers and many more things.

Without technology my day would pass more slowly. That deep emptiness doesn't go away, its like time has stop and nothing is happening inside of me. I start to wonder if it's really me that thinking or is there something else that tells me what to say.

Comparing this experiment to "feed" it makes it seem like technology has taken control of our lives. I wouldn't want a "feed" inplant inside of me because I would think that I don't have my own will anymore. It would be the same as a doll or a puppet following every command given by the master. Technology does fill that emptiness in us.

I don't think many of us could last 24 hours without technology, saying that we could is kind of a lie because we've become so close to them, how could we just let go of it. It's not that we can't survive without it just that we feel a need to use them since it does make everything a lot easier.
*edit* it's not fair the homework assignment was posted one day I after finished it and now I'm too tired to fix it. I'm going to be lazy =.=

Intership is already giving me a robotic life so it's not pain just tiredness.

No comments:

Post a Comment