Thursday, October 1, 2009

HW 8 - Comment on Triangle Partners' Videos Projects

Hi Lauren!

I like how you thoughtfully answer the questions. I agree that not having a bit of sounds make the video seem a bit lifeless. I would loved to add sounds into mine as well but I lack technology skills =P Watching ourselves looking like zombies we wouldn't want our siblings to be the same, following in our footsteps staring at technology all day makes us like lifeless dolls without a mind of our own. It's as if the digital world has take over our mind o.o'' I'm sort of denying that the world is moving forward or maybe I'm just slow but I don't really know what it is. All I know is that lots of people want that box that connects to your t.v. or something and you get to play games. Since I don't know how it works I would spent hours staring at it and trying to connect it to the t.v. Not everyone has much interest in technology like everyone else does.

By placing technology into our lives, we sacrifice valuable time that we could have spent with other and time to improve our skills. My sisters and brother spent so much time at home that the only time they go out is when we have school. I didn't like it since they were out on so much things they can't see in technology. People get angry over little things like when they lose in a game or when they are told to give the computer a rest.

I think it would be better if you show other technology that you use like watching t.v, playing games, etc. Video don't really need music so that people watching the video will understand the mood, you could also use expression =D I really like you response, it was very clear and deep. I agree that this digitalization will continue still the world is always looking for ways to develop.

If we could I think it would be great we could end the video with how the world would/look like if digitalization continues. Since most of the technology we use gives us a great ability to lie, will the world be filled with lies, will we ever drown in our world of lies

I really enjoy watching your video, and agree with your answers too.
(>'.')> Thank you for reading <('.'<)
Na L


Jia Min!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-pokes the pro- o3o
The video are great, I agree that we shouldn't let the little kids follow in our footsteps but what can we do. When trying to care for them people would say that you're only thinking of yourself meaning that we're only saying that we care so that we have more time to ourselves with digitalization. We have the world at our feet yet we don't know it, our skills can be the same or better than those who live it when these things came out because we were born in it.

I lack in technology skills so people like me i think it would be alright if they had more time to spend with their technology, thought I end up taking apart mine probably. There are a lot of things you can't do in this world that you can in the digital world. In a world where everyone is against the digital world is a way of escaping and creating a better self-to-be. People believe that if that create a digital character then they can plan out a life story for this character but they are wrong the character we create are no different from us. It's the same as giving your own blood to this character and creating a better you, testing out how different your lives can be.

The anime & manga pictures were great but I felt like it could be improved. I think you could have shown a bit more of what you're getting by using these technology. Like spending an hour on this video is too much, we could have use more time doing something more healthy rather than be frustrated and hurting your head by thinking how could it be better? what will other people think? Thinking about these kinds of stuff just cage us in our own world no different then the digital world.

My head felt empty when typing this, it's like I don't have a brain or maybe I just not thinking anymore. o-o I really like the video, enjoyed watching it. Don't worry about the blog thing, I'll read it when I get bored and starting laughing thinking about why you guys bother arguing =p

(>'.')>Thank you for reading! <('.'<)
ƸӜƷ Na L ƸӜƷ

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I just like to know people that I commented back on them (^-`):
    Hey Na Lin,
    thanks for reading my post =] I'm really glad you took your time to write me back and appreciate you agreeing with what I said. Your tone has a onee-san tone xD.

    ah~ Thanks for the need improving point, I should have "shown a bit more of what you're getting by using these technology. Thank you for enjoying watching this video. The only part I liked was the anime pictures being there. (I took bad pictures).

    You made me see new things such as creating ourselves a character that is just like us because we want to become better. And then when you said "self-to-be" it reminded me of shugo chara!; that we want to become what we want in our mind but why do that? Why not accept who you are the way you are? Do you think yourself is wrong because you are influenced by others, thinking that the others don't like the way you are, wanting to become loved and not lonely, then you have to go and change yourself? Then you said to test "how different your lives can be" and true that whenever we play game, we would create a character that we pick the styles the way a little to a whole lot different from us.

    Your video was showing how we are trapped, or caged in in this digital world and I'm about talking the same thing as you, that we are isolated by this digital plus sticking to the electronic for too long is bad for you. We're both looking for more of the negative sides of the digital more than I thought and that we're both agreeing how kids are getting more and more of the digital as the age keeps getting younger and younger. For example, I got my computer when I was in 5th or 6th grade and now for my sister, I have to let her play the computer and sometimes use it for homework even though she is only in 4th grade.

    You and I both talk about how the digital affect the kids. Do you think it is also because of the parents fault. In a way I see it, because the adults need to go to work, they would leave the child at home, when it's appropriate age and let them play the PS3 or wii or the computer that the adults bought back so the kid won't be lonely. However, when, for example again, if the kid need to get glasses because of the digital, I can see that adult would blame it on the kid for playing around the digital. However another point, is that is digital another way to comfort the neglected children? Are the digital helping the children get the attention they needed because the parents doesn't have time to give them? If it is, then digital is not a bad thing if we are alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HW 9 did not fit in this little box, I think I wrote too much. So I made a new post for it.

    =^-^=

    ReplyDelete