Thursday, November 5, 2009

HW 18 - Big Paper 1 Rough Draft

Game start!

I've always been with my technology because having technology betraying you isn't as much pain as your best friend doing the same. I never had much interest in changing who I was I just followed everything at my own pace so I never talked to anyone else since I was the odd one out. Technology helped me escape all of this without it I wouldn't have been able to understand why a person would act the way they do. I used technology as an open test experiment watching carefully why people act the way they do. They never asked so I don't say a thing. Questions like why can't you trust us? and why aren't you telling us anything? Why should I trust? Why should I tell you anything when I know the answers your going to give me? Spending time with technology many of the things people do become so predictable, it gets boring. I'm like a little kid playing a game over and over again looking for something new that I haven't found yet.

Technology is big bulletin board with all these advertisement on it. With it we find something that we feel that only we can do or we find a path that we want to walk. It gives us an interest in what we want to do when we grow up. Giving us a little dream to hold on to and something to believe in and a purpose in life. Even though it's not real it gives us something to do before having to face the truth and learning to understand the world outside of our homes.

Gaming helps improve our skills. Gaming is a way to test our minds, it's like living in the story. We live two different lives one which is reality, the digital world forces us to face things we wouldn't be able to experience in real life. It gives us to think of our feet and that moment what would we do, it's like practicing for the world out there. So when we see these things again we won't be a afraid because we've face this before. Many of us kids hate having to go through all the combinations of how to open locks or cheats on a game so we search it up. this helps improve our skills in reasearching because in school when we need to right a paper we can look things it helps us a lot if we miss class since we got sick we could look up how to do the homework. It's better than bother your friends that might be asleep.

Do your parents yell at you for talking on the phone for too long? I don't talk on the phone much but I see this one television when I turn on it. Well now we have aim, aol, tweeter, facebook, etc. we can talk through the internet making it easier. We don't have to worry so much about our phone bills and aside from that we ccan meet new people so study more about people from other countries and how they live it. We've never been limit to how many people we can meet and how many things we can learn the more friend the better. The world has always been big but we've create a smaller world using the net to help us make it easier to face life, we're not alone anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Na Lin~~~

    Interesting paper Na Lin! =D
    Hmmm....I know that you are supporting how digital is a great use but I don't really see where your thesis is (bold it...)....

    I like how you said "technology is a big bulletin board with advertisement on it" but maybe you can support how advertisement is good for people...well some of the advertisements.

    You talk a lot about gaming and the internet and cell phones, maybe you can give examples to the games and sites that you go that gives you a live or a different experience than the what you are doing.

    Like I suggest before, use the Everything Bad is Good for You by Steven Johnson because it will help your paper be proof more.

    As for the peer grading, I'm not going to do that since you seem to be still adding on to it. I'll help if you need any helping to do (xD).

    ^-^ hope to see your wonderful ideas to be published fully~

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry had to restart my paper since it was read the wrong way ><

    ReplyDelete